Fizzing Bath Bombs
Creating a spa-like environment in your home can easily be done using simple household ingredients and essential oils. Bath bombs are a fun way to add excitement to your senses while enjoying the benefits of essential oils. They are also entertaining to use and are loved by kids and adults alike.
Note: If you don't have a bathtub, these bath bombs can still be effective in a shower. The water will help dissolve the bath bomb and release the aroma of the essential oils into the steam.
1 cup of citric acid.
1 cup of baking soda.
½ cup of cornflour.
½ cup of doTERRA Fractionated Coconut Oil.
8–10 drops of favourite essential oils.
Note: Citric acid can be found at most major supermarkets.
Tip: You could also use almond oil or olive oil in the place of doTERRA Fractionated Coconut Oil.
- In bowl, place citric acid, baking soda, cornflour and Fractionated Coconut Oil.
- Add eight to 10 drops of the essential oil or blend of choice.
- Mix well with a spoon until soft dough is formed. It should have the consistency of damp sand.
Note: If the mixture is too wet, try adding a little more baking soda and cornflour until consistency is correct.
- At this point you may add food colouring, dried herbs or flower petals to mixture.
- Place mixture in silicone moulds. Let sit 24 hours before removing from mould.
- To use drop in tub or shower and allow to dissolve.
Note: Choose an essential oil to best suit your needs. For relaxation, try Lavender or doTERRA Lavender Peace®. For a mood boost, try Wild Orange, Citrus Bliss®, or Peppermint.
Bath bombs are excellent gifts for adults and children alike. When making for kids, try adding some colour to the mixture. Not only will they love that the water changes colours, but will also love the fizz from the bath bomb.